Wednesday, October 2, 2013

By Kitchen Light...



                                       By Kitchen Light


        Same, yet different;
        the lighting, colors and mood,
        this space where so many meals are created,
        brings my mind back to an earlier time,
        and a hallowed place...
        my parents kitchen...600 miles north of here.


        It must be the ambiance,
        an undefined feeling,
        a deja vu experience of the heart.

        
        The lighting, recessed,
        The wood, light in shade,
        The music, soft classics,
        The food, gourmet.
        But these are all externals, and yet,
        each of them in their own unique way
        plays a different heart-string, and when
        plucked all together, the effect creates
        a crescendo of thoughts and feelings
        that come racing through me,
        bringing back with them
        memories of meals, conversations, laughter and tears.


        Same, yet different;
        take away just one element,
        and the effect of this place upon me
        may have gone unnoticed.


        It's funny how the heart has
        such a specific memory.

~Kathy~

        

1 comment:

  1. A little mid day inspiration! Wonderful reflections. I often think of my kitchen as a twin of a kitchen 600 miles north of me!

    ReplyDelete